Externalize journal

Hello

Is it possible to externalize the journal of an already existing (journal inside) ext3 FS ?

Here's what I did to create a new FS with external journal for /dev/emcpowerl2 on /dev/emcpowerl2
mke2fs -O journal_dev /dev/sda10
mke2fs -J device=/dev/sda10 /dev/emcpowerl2
it works perfectly , but can I do the same whitout reformating the original FS; /dev/emcpowerl1 which is in production for exemple

thanks.