cp -arl stuck in __wait_on_freeing_inode

Hi all.

I posted this to LKML, but might get a faster reply if I go direct to
you. I haven't subscribed, so please reply to me too...

I began a bk export -du patch and shortly afterwards a cp -arl on the
kernel source tree. The latter got stuck in

ext3_lookup
iget_locked
find_inode_fast
__wait_on_freeing_inode
schedule

The box is running 2.6.8.1 with SMP, HT scheduler and preempt (can send
a full .config if someone wants it). No other processes are stuck; it
looks to me like it lost a race. Is this a known/fixed issue, or is
there something I can do to diagnose further. I have KDB compiled in and
haven't rebooted yet.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

Many today claim to be tolerant. True tolerance, however, can cope with others
being intolerant.