Re: e2fsck running for hours, printing out lists of numbers -- should I stop it?

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 04:51, Allen Ziegenfus wrote:

> Aha. Upon further inspection I have found the following entries. The
> first is repeated many times. Then at the end is the assertion failure
> that you rightly postulated.
>
> Assertion failure in journal_forget() at transaction.c:1217:
> "!jh->b_committed_data"

Yep, that one is fixed in current kernels.  But it's just a symptom of
the underlying problem -- the "fix" is to gracefully take the filesystem
readonly when we detect this corruption.  It doesn't explain why the
corruption occurred in the first place.