Re: short read while checking ext3 journal

Andreas,
Thanks for the tips.  I'm sorry to report that I've not been able to make
much progress.   Any idea what I should try next?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Tom

Andreas Dilger said:
> On Apr 09, 2005  16:07 -0400, Tom Cooper wrote:
> 'debugfs -R "feature needs_recovery" /dev/hdb1' is what you want.  That
> should probably be put into the tune2fs man page.

[root marvin root]# debugfs -R "feature needs_recovery" /dev/hdb1
debugfs 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
/dev/hdb1: Can't read an inode bitmap while reading inode bitmap
feature: Filesystem not open