Help for Linux

Hi All,
I need help with the following problems:
The system might suffer a power loss when I run a program. After the reboot process, it has happened, this prompt is issued on the filesystem check failed. This message appears:
*** An error occurred during the file system check
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D for normal startup)
When the filesystem check failed, I will log in by specifying the root password and run the fsck program manually. When I have typed in the root password, I am presented with the following prompt:
(Repair filesystem) #
How can I repair filesytem?
Best regards,
Andy