e2fsck errors after lvextend when trying to resize2fs

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Tue Feb 8 05:52:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 06:35:00PM -0500, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> On Monday 07 February 2005 12:56, you wrote:
> > ? ? Optionally, the ext2prepare command can be used to re-enable online
> > ? ? resizing after the filesystem has been fixed.
>
> I can't seem to find any reference to the 'ext2prepare' command other than in
> the release notes for 1.36.  Any other tips on how to set this back up?

I believe Red Hat included ext2prepare in their hacked version of
e2fsprogs.  It originally came from the user space utilities that
Andreas Dilger put together.

You only need it if you plan to try to use the on-line resizing
feature.  I haven't included the ext2prepare program in the official
e2fsprogs release because whenever I look at the code my fingers itch
to rewrite large portions of it, and I haven't had time to do that
yet.

						- Ted