Re: Failures they e2fsck doesn't find

On Feb 04, 2005  17:45 +0100, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> I've run many time e2fsck, but in a special dir ls tells me:
> ls: rücksendung-wlan.dvi: No such file or directory
> ls: bafög_rückmeldung.latex: No such file or directory
> ls: finprüf.pdf: No such file or directory
>
> $ cat finprüf.pdf
> cat: finprüf.pdf: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>
> I don't know what to do? How can I find the failure? If I cat the files
> with debugfs, I see the their contents.

When you run e2fsck, you use "e2fsck -f"?  Otherwise it will just check
the superblock for ext3 filesystems and report it to be clean.

Also, if you run "\ls {dir}" does it display the files?  If yes, then
in debugfs run "stat {file}" and show the output here.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
http://members.shaw.ca/adilger/             http://members.shaw.ca/golinux/