Re: Failures they e2fsck doesn't find

On Feb 09, 2005  00:44 +0100, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Andreas Dilger schrieb am Tue 08. Feb, 11:05 (-0700) :
> > Also, if you run "\ls {dir}" does it display the files?  If yes, then
> > in debugfs run "stat {file}" and show the output here.
>
> Where? At the command line this fails, but in debugfs ls prints all files
> and stat prints:

This is from the command-line.  Note specifically the '\' before ls, so
that you don't get anything like color-ls trying to stat all of the files.
This would tell us if the files are being found with readdir (they almost
certainly are) and that the problem is during lookup.  I assume if you do
"ls -l {filename}" it fails.

If you run "tune2fs -O ^dir_index" does the ls work again?

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
http://members.shaw.ca/adilger/             http://members.shaw.ca/golinux/