Re: ext3 offline resizing

Hi,

--- Theodore Ts'o <tytso mit edu> ha scritto:

> Oh, OK.  Resize2fs isn't clearing the left-over
> resize inode after
> it's used all of the reserved blocks.   That should
> be fixed.
>
> 					- Ted

Ok now is much more clear. In our opinion in this
moment (without waiting for a fix) what is the better
solution for an ext3 based system which will often
need to resize its partitions (offline with resize2fs)
?
Disabling the resize_inode feature is safer ? Or is it
better to use the resize_inode feature and choose a
better initial size ?
Is the "1000*(original size)" limit I guessed correct
?
I'm sorry but i wasn't able to find any deep
documentation about resize_inode.

Thank you very much!

letho

http://mail.yahoo.it