unattended reboot/fsck

Tim Allen tim at transtech.net.au
Tue Mar 15 22:45:06 UTC 2005

Hi,
We've got some units in client's vehicles which are running Fedora core
1.  We've can log into them over ssh remotely there is no console
attached to them.  I suspect one of them has some filesystem corruption,
and I'd like to both force a fsck at next reboot (which I think I can do
with shutdown -F) but I'd also like to make this fsck not require any
human intervention.

In particular, I am concerned about the case where fsck decides that it
need manual intervention and requests you log in for maintainance.

How can I ensure a non-user interaction fsck that will boot normally
(and hence put the box back into a state where a gprs connection is
re-established and I can log in again.)

Thanks in advance,

Tim Allen.
(please CC me because I'm not on the list.)