Ext3 journal corruption

Hi all,

I was having a ext3 filesystem with writeback. yesterday my system crashed and now when i try to mount it, it gives me "Invalid argument". Following is the command line
#mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /mnt/home

i tried debugging it and later i found out, its was complaining about journaling inode. Is there any way to recover my files, i did clone the disk and mounted it as ext2 after few tries but there was nothing in it.
any help or pointers will be appreciated,

Thanks
anand