Re: FSCK of corrupted ext3 filesystem

Perhaps, but should I stop it.
It doesn't seem to be thrashing. The box is still quite responsive.

After 8 days it is still working. If I stop it, will I have a mountable filesystem that I can get as much as possible off.
I have ordered some 400G disks to try to get as much as possible.

Regards

Per Andreas Buer wrote:
Darryl Bond <dbond nrggos com au> writes:

 4562 root          25   0  780m   214m  236 R 99.9         42.6
6211:44 fsck.ext3

I looks like fsck.ext3 has eaten all of your memory. Your system is
probably thrashing. Buy more memory.