Re: mount r/w and r/o

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Jeff Dinisco wrote:

I have an ext3 filesystem mounted r/w on 1 host and r/o on multiple
hosts.  Dangerous but cost effective.

My questions are...
Should I be concerned by this?
Is there a way to automatically skip the recovery attempt, and if so,
should I use it?
Am I going about this all wrong, is there a better way to do this (other
than GFS)?

Sorry to ask the obvious question, but why not just use NFS?

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| <menscher uiuc edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(650)273-2757 |#=-
-=#| The above opinions are not necessarily those of my employers. |#=-