Re: What is the history of CONFIG_EXT{2,3}_CHECK?

On Oct 31, 2005  01:13 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the history of CONFIG_EXT{2,3}_CHECK?
>
> There is code for a "check" option for mount if these options are
> enabled, but there's no way to enable them.

These are expensive debugging options, which walk the inode/block bitmaps
for getting the group inode/block usage instead of using the group
summary data.  Not used very often but I suspect occasionally useful for
developers mucking with ext[23] internals.  Since it is developer-only
code it needs to be enabled with #define CONFIG_EXT[23]_CHECK in a
header or compile option.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger