Re: Filesystem too large...

Andreas Dilger wrote:
On Apr 03, 2006  17:16 -0700, Brandon Evans wrote:
I need to setup a 3.27TB ext3 filesystem using -i 1024 and -b 1024.

When I try to format this partition I get the "Filesystem too large." error. Are there any plans to update these limits? are there any patches already available that I can try out? Or am I just SOL here?

The other question is why you want to have a 3TB filesystem with 1kB
blocks, unless you are consistently creating very small files...

The server I am preparing is a sw-soft virtuozzo backup server which requires the 1kB blocks. The small blocks are need for the magic links it uses in the virtual environment.

--

  Brandon Evans

"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours."
-Hunter S. Thompson