Re: Max filesystem size for ext3 using Adaptec RAID 5 on 64 bit CentOS

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 at 3:34pm, Doug Lochart wrote

We are strategizing a set of backup servers and I have been trying to
deduce wha the maximum size of each RAID 5 array should be to match
the OS we are using.  We are currently running CentOS 4.3 64 bit.  We
have planned a 2 TB RAID 5 array for testing but we will need to set
up several larger ones for production.  I have poked around and I see
people mention limits like 2TB max file size and 32TB max filesystem
size. Many of these were mention 2.4/2,5 kernels and neither specified
32 bit vs 64 bit.

Can someone please provide the following:

max file size for 2.6.9 64 bit CentOS kernel
max partition/fielsystem size for the same.

http://www.redhat.com/rhel/details/limits/

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering