Re: ext3 data=ordered - good enough for oracle?

> Given that the default journaling mode of ext3 (i.e. ordered), does not
> guarantee write ordering after a crash, is this journaling mode safe
> enough to use for a database such as Oracle?  If so, how are out of sync
> writes delt with?

Oracle manages its own I/O cache in userspace and handles data coherency related
to that. So data=journal is useless in this case.
I guess databases such as Oracle uses O_SYNC to control the flushing of data
or even O_DIRECT to bypass the kernel cache.

Johann