Re: Is there a way to cache a file system listing?

I second this. I am having the same exact issue right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Justin Piszcz wrote:

I have a filesystem that has roughly ~600,000 files on it and every time a new client rsyncs this tree (after 10-20 minutes when the cache has expired) then it takes 5-10 minutes to re-traverse the tree during a new rsync. Is there a way, other than running find /path every minute or so, to keep the listing in memory so the rsyncs would run much faster?