Re: viewing ext3 journal

2006/6/21, Andreas Dilger <adilger clusterfs com>:

Note that this would never be possible (or at least very easy) with ext3
journaling since ext3 uses "block journaling", where the whole filesystem
block that is modified is written to the journal (e.g. one or two directory
leaf blocks and up to four inode table blocks are written to disk for a
rename).

So you would have to decode raw data. I'm wondering, why ext3
developers didn't make debugfs can do that?
Sure, you can do good file monitoring at higher level, but wouldn't
such a human-readable fs journal the best report, you ever could get?
I don't know if this feature would be of big interest, i'm curious. ;)

greetings