Re: Status of fragment support, advantages of having fewer indoes

On Feb 28, 2006  23:33 +0000, Michael Renner wrote:
> There wasn't much information regarding fragment support of ext2/3 since 2003
> [1], Andreas stating that there were problems with the xattr implementation.
>  Has this changed in the meanwhile?
>
> [1] http://www.kerneltraffic.org/kernel-traffic/kt20030428_214.html#8

Still the same story.  I don't think fragment support will be implemented
until there is some common architecture with large pages (or other fundamental
page cache rework), where it makes sense to have large (say 64kB) pages,
and fragments for smaller files.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger