[RFC] mke2fs with DIR_INDEX, RESIZE_INODE by default

Andreas Dilger adilger at clusterfs.com
Fri Mar 17 07:53:12 UTC 2006

I've been thinking recently that we should re-enable DIR_INDEX in mke2fs
by default.  When it first came out, we had done this and were bitten by
a few bugs in the code.  However, this code has been in heavy use for
several thousand filesystem years in Lustre, if not elsewhere, and I'm
inclined to think it is pretty safe these days.

Likewise, RHEL/FC have had RESIZE_INODE as a standard feature for a good
time now, and this should probably be merged into stock e2fsprogs.

Comments?

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger