Re: [RFC] mke2fs with DIR_INDEX, RESIZE_INODE by default

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 02:36:30PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct redhat com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 00:53 -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > > I've been thinking recently that we should re-enable DIR_INDEX in mke2fs
> > > by default.  When it first came out, we had done this and were bitten by
> > > a few bugs in the code.  However, this code has been in heavy use for
> > > several thousand filesystem years in Lustre, if not elsewhere, and I'm
> > > inclined to think it is pretty safe these days.
> >
> > I reckon they are safe enough for general use.
>
> Who maintains the CONFIG_EXT3_INDEX code?

Well, I rewrote most of the code before getting them merged in 2.5,
and implemented the e2fsprogs support for the same, so that would be
probably be me, under the "last person who touched it" theory.  That
code has been pretty stable with very few bugs reported, so it hasn't
needed an active maintainer, really.  If there are any problems
reported, feel free to send them my way.

						- Ted