ext3 - max filesystem size

Hi all,

I am working with a pc cluster, running redhat el 4, on opteron cpus. we
have several bigger RAID systems locally attached to the fileservers;
now I would like to create a big striped filesystem with around 15TB.

ext3 unfortunatelly only supports filesystem size up to 8TB, do you have
an idea if / when this border will be increased ? I already found some
discussions on LKML about it ?

Which FS would be a goof alternative ? AFAIK xfs is not suported by
redhat el 4 ...

thanks for any hint,

cheers
 alex