Re: Why different directory sizes?

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Felix E. Klee wrote:
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 13:17, you wrote:
Why should your backup script care?  It really shouldn't....

It compares the size of the files on the original file system with those on
the synchronized file system.  So, if we leave out directories from that
check, then we should be on the safe side, right?

Correct, but it sounds like you should be reading up on rsync or LVM snapshots to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| <menscher uiuc edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(650)253-2757 |#=-
-=#| The above opinions are not necessarily those of my employers. |#=-