Monitoring FS operations

Greetings All,

Without going into the specific reasons why I need to do so, is anyone aware of a method (or tool) of watching real-time, human-readable (or system call print) of ext3 filesystem operations on a mounted, active filesystem?

Excuse me if this is a duplicate question but I was unable to find any similar ones in the archives.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Strong
Criminal Information Network