Re: e2defrag - Unable to allocate buffer for inode priorities

On Oct 31, 2006  22:44 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> It should be doing that (checking for ext3 I can confirm) as of
>
> It doesn't handle ext3 right and does know so:
>
> # mke2fs -j /dev/ram0
> # e2defrag -r /dev/ram0
>
> e2defrag (/dev/ram0): ext3 filesystems not (yet) supported
>
> It hapily defrags a filesystem with resize_inode. Is it destroying
> resize capability or directly destroying data?

It is destroying the resize capability.  The primary issue here is
that tools which manipulate the filesystem directly (e.g. e2fsprogs)
have to understand ALL of the *COMPAT flags, and not just the INCOMPAT
flags.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger