Online filesystem check

Hi all,

a while ago one of my work colleagues attended a seminar with Ted Tso, and
at the time Ted was talking about a way to perform online ext3 filesystem
checks. I can't find any information on it by googling, is it implemented in
current versions of the filesystem utilities? Either way, does anyone know
where I can find more information on it?

--
Regards,
Oliver Hookins