Re: 16TB ext3 mainstream - when?

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Andreas Dilger wrote:

On Oct 03, 2006  23:30 +0100, Chris Allen wrote:
Are we likely to see patches to allow 16TB ext3 in the mainstream
kernel any time soon?

I think the patches are going into -mm (if not already), so start testing...
If not, they have been posted here several times, along with a URL for
download.

Will those patches work to grow an existing ext3 filesystem to >8TB, or do they only work on new filesystems (created with those patches or other special options)?

I ask because we need to create an <8TB filesystem now, but with the option to grow it to >8TB in the future.

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| <menscher uiuc edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(650)253-2757 |#=-
-=#| The above opinions are not necessarily those of my employers. |#=-