RE: wiping of unused space on ext3

I believe you can use the "chattr -s" command to mark all of the files
so that
when they are deleted, their blocks are wiped with zeros. I believe that
you'd
need to set up some sort of cron job to make sure all of the files have
this
attribute set on a regular basis, unless this works as a directory level
attribute.

..Chuck..