Re: IO lockups and ext3 readonly filecorruption on RHEL4 (pre a U4)

sorry for my late reply....

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, tweeks wrote:
We may try that as we already have a shared NetDump server set up.
Can i do syslog to BOTH the local machine AND a network syslog server.  If the
local logs are locked, will my writing to a remote host still work?

yes, if syslogd/syslog-ng is still running, logging to the loghost should do. the network and the system has to be working of course.

hard to tell what works and what doesn't.  If anyone who understands the
nature of this problem has any suggestions for reliably triggering it, then
please speak up.

without more details, it's hard to conclude anything, one can only *guess* :(

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #377:

Someone hooked the twisted pair wires into the answering machine.