Corrupt inodes on shared disk...

I am having problems when using a Dell PowerVault MD3000 with multipath from a Dell PowerEdge 1950.  I have 2 cables connected and mount the partition on the DAS Array.  I am using RHEL 4.4 with RHCS and a two node cluster.  Only one node is “Active” at a time, it creates a mount to the partition, and if there is an issue RHCS will fence the device and then the other node will mount the partition.

I have now run into a problem twice where my ext3 (with Journaling) has corrupt inodes.  This actually has resulted in a filesystem with #xxxxxxxxx files and directories.

Am I missing something here?  Should I be using a different files system?

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Fitzmaurice

Aveksa, Inc

“Where Security meets Compliance”