Re: long file names and their 8-chars versions

Andreas Dilger ha scritto:
That is a function of either Samba or the client itself, not ext3, which
has no idea that Samba is even involved, let alone a windows client.

Cheers, Andreas
Thank you Andreas.
You are right: it's a Samba issue in my case. For anyone having the same problem: I solved by adding 'mangling method = hash' in my smb.conf.
Cheers,
Marco