Re: Compact Flash, EXT3, and IDE - a bad idea?

Stephen / Brian

I use badblocks to check for unreadable sectors. I find that CF can gain corrupt sectors when power is lost suddenly. These can almost always be fixed by re-writing them. I use badblocks -w to do the re-writing.

Your message seems to imply a problem writing, badblocks -w would write several patterns to the device so would be a good 'stress test'

-Cam

--
camilo mesias co uk                                                 <--