Re: Poor Performance WhenNumber of Files > 1M

Searching for directories (to ensure no duplicates, etc) is going to
be order N^2.

Size of the directory is likely to be a limiting factor.

Try increasing to 10000 directories (in two layors of 100 each).  I'll
bet you that the result will be a pretty good increase in speed
(getting back to the speeds that you had with 1M directories).

--
Stephen Samuel http://www.bcgreen.com
778-861-7641