Re: unlink performance

On 14 Aug 2007, at 19:08, Ryan Dooley wrote:
Pre-loading the file system cache (a la "find /path/to/temp -type f -print >/dev/null") followed by an "rm -rf /path/to/temp" seems to be pretty speedy to me.

Do you mean that:-
	find /path/to/temp -type f -print >/dev/null
	rm -rf /path/to/temp
is faster than just
	rm -rf /path/to/temp

or do you mean that you have arranged to do the find before the point where you want to delete? If the former, that surprises me somewhat.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]