Re: unlink performance

Title: Re: unlink performance
On 8/16/07 7:10 AM, "Stephen Samuel" <darkonc gmail com> wrote:

I think that the mv / mkdir is going to be your best move...
If you can't move the whole directory, try:

mkdir /tmp2
mv /tmp/{*,.??*} /tmp2
(restart the application)
rm -rf /tmp2/* /tmp2/.??*

(it depends, of course, on the two directories being on the same partition).

That approach especially works if the bulk of your files are in sub-directories  You'll only be doing work on the inodes directly in the main directory, and then you can take your time deleting the subdirectories from /tmp2 while your app runs.

I’ll give that a shot and see what happens.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Ryan