Re: ext3 journaling on flash disk

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, wienerschnitzel wrote:

I'm using a rather old kernel (2.4.27) that has been working quite well in
an embedded system.

Currently, I am conducting some unclean shutdown tests with different flash
disks and I'm running into fs corruption. I'm using the data=journal mode
for the root and data partitions. I'm mounting with the 'noatime' option.

How does the corruption look like? I.e. what is corrupted?

Would it make sense to go to the latest 2.4 kernel or should I move on to
2.6?

I have three different flash disks and none of them seem to have write
caching, however one of them has the 'Mandatory FLUSH_CACHE' support - what
exactly does that mean?

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions