corrupted FS!

I have an apple Xserve RAID attached to a Linux Box, serving one Raided LUN of 2500Gigs, it was functional until the box crashed. When I hard booted it, even though it mounted the FS, I've been unable to access it. Cd-ing to any of its directories gives "Input/Output error". The ls –la on the FS shows "?" for every field with no permission information. The /var/log/messages is flooded with:

Feb  1 10:12:21 HOSTNAME kernel: EXT3-fs error (device sda1): ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inod

e block - inode=178356225, block=356712450

An e2fsck gives

e2fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)

/xraid: recovering journal

The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 610476016 blocks

The physical size of the device is 73605104 blocks

Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!

Abort<y>?

It seems like the partition table is corrupted and not the superblock, and if so, what would be the right way of going about it?!

I am reluctant to answer no to the abort question of e2fsck to try to fix it. Or should I

-M