Re: Problem with ext3 filesystem

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Jan wrote:
o.k. but the problems seems to come only with areca and ext3, not with
jfs. strange ...

I've seen this *many* times on the reiserfs mailing list: ppl are complaining that reiserfs was faulty while other filesystems went OK. And it turned out to be some hardware issue after all. Now, I can't say that I'm 100% sure that the device is to blame, but it seems that some hardware bugs are triggered (not caused) by certain fs operations[0], so if changing the fs "fixes" it - why not. but it's not a very satisfying solution, IMHO.

Christian.

[0] will some fs guru please hit me if this is total gibberish...
--
BOFH excuse #423:

It's not RFC-822 compliant.