Re: Problem in e2fsck ? read error in journal inode

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Erik Andersen wrote:
One problem is that I have problems reading the raw partition 'dev/hda11' - I tried
to 'dd' it but it failed...

Probably too late, but just for the record: if dd(1) fails, $FILESYSTEM can't do much about it: try dd_rescue, then use fsck on this image. If you have even more space: make a backup copy of the dd_rescue'd data before using fsck....

--
BOFH excuse #99:

SIMM crosstalk.