Ext3 fsck questions

Hi,

  I am currently having a RAID disk configured to appear as
3 ext3 disks (/dev/sda,/dev/sdb and /dev/sdc)

The disks are initially formatted using

mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda

and mounted as follows

mount -t ext3 -o data="" -o commit=1 /dev/sda /mnt/san

From what I read from the man page and other maillist archives I must run fsck
periodically  ( default after 38 mounts or 6 months) to ensure the filesystem is clean.

Is this still valid if I mount using the following options?

-o data="" -o commit=1

Thanks
Ramesh