resume from swap files

Hi,

the latest kernel supports swap files, so I guess the resume
code also works with those. So I wonder: is this still a good
idea with ext3? As far as I know there is no such thing
as a "mount read-only" with journalling filesystems -
ext3 when mounted will always detect that it is not clean
and replay the journal etc.

So what do you think? Is it ok to use ext3 with swap files
and suspend/resume? Or is that a combination asking for trouble?
(The filesystem would only be used as in "mount /; resume",
i.e. no other write operations, but it needs to be mounted for
resume to work.)

Thanks for your advise.

Regards, Andreas