tune2fs -l stale info

Hello,

  I just noticed that 'tune2fs -l' did not returned a "lively" updated
information regarding the free inodes count (looks like it's always
correct after unmounting). It became suprising after an online resizing
operation, where the total inode count was immediatly updated (grown in
my case) but the free inode count was the same: one could deduce that
suddenly a lot of inodes were used.

  Is it a normal/expected behaviour ? Stale info is okay (as long as
advertised as such), but partially updated info makes it look incoherent
to me.

  I'm using ext3 on a 2.6.18 (Debian's "vanilla") kernel, x86_64
platform and tune2fs 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006).