Re: fs periodic check (was Re: 2.6.22-rc1 killed my ext3 filesystem cleanly unmounted)

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:39:11PM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Right. Could we get more helpful message here? 'Filesystem check on
> next boot on AC power'?

So "(check deferred; on battery)" wasn't explicit enough?  I guess I
assumed that users would understand that the opposite of "on battery"
was "on AC power".  I guess I could say "(check defferred 'til on AC
power)" if people think it would be clearer.

> Or maybe keep counting, and when we reach 2x mount-count-limit,
> force a fsck, battery power or not?

We do that already.  It's just tough to make that all fit on an 80
status message.  :-)

						- Ted