Shrink ext3 filesystem , running out of inode questions

Hi,

I have an ext3 file system created with -T largefile4 option. Now it is running out of inode but it's only about 10% full.

- Is there a way now to increase the number of inode without making a new file system?

- If not, I am thinking about shrinking the file system, and then use the free up space to create a new file system with more inodes, and move the data over. Since I am already running out of inode, would I still be able to shrink the file system?

Thanks,
ling