Re: Shrink ext3 filesystem , running out of inode questions

Ling C. Ho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried creating a new file system and shrinking it. The inode count
> reduced after the shrink. So, would shrinking the one filesystem I have
> with all inode already used create problem? ie. where would the inodes
> be reallocated after the number of block groups get reduced?

Ok, now that I've had coffee this morning and am thinking more
clearly...  sorry.

Well, you will probably find that you can't shrink the fs much if at
all, due to the inodes being in use, you're right.

Dump and restore might be the best plan.

-Eric