Re: duplicate entries on ext3 when using readdir/readdir64

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 11:43:40AM +0200, Thomas Trauner wrote:

> I have a problem with directories that contain more than 10000 entries
> (Ubuntu 8.04.1) or with more than 70000 entries (RHEL 5.2). If you use
> readdir(3) or readdir64(3) you get one entry twice, with same name and
> inode.

How reproducible is this; can you reproduce it on this one filesystem?
Can you reproduce it on multiple filesystems?  What sort of file names
are you using?

Also, are you testing by using "ls", or do you have your own program
getting the names of the files.  If the latter, are you using
telldir()/seekdir() in any way?

						- Ted