Re: ext2online with 1k blocks not working

On Aug 24, 2008  17:31 +0200, Jure Pečar wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 05:32:05 -0600
> Andreas Dilger <adilger sun com> wrote:
> > How big is your journal?  It seems it is only 8MB, which isn't large
> > enough to a resize 870GB filesystem.
>
> Yes, that's the conclusion Ted came up with.
>
> Still, offline resizing works, so I'll just have to schedule more downtime
> for the resize to finish.

You may also consider resizing your journal while it is offline:

	tune2fs -O ^has_journal $dev
	{maybe e2fsck -f needed here}
	tune2fs -j $dev

should create a journal with at least 32MB.  You can check with:

	debugfs -c -R "stat <8>" $dev

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger