Re: bit per bit copy! ext3

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, milos rovcanin wrote:

I have a flash memory stick that is formated with ext3 file system. NOw,
there is an application on it that I would like to copy to another memory
stick. I can copy it, but when I do so, that application does not work
properly (it won't start - boot problem???).  Is there a tool that can copy
an entire content from one flash stick to another? Thanks!!!

use dd

dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

or

# original flash
dd if=/dev/sda of=flash_disk.img
# with second flash flugged in
dd if=flash_disk.img of=/dev/sda

They must/should be the same sizes though.

Justin.