Re: curious corruption 2-byte shift of all data

Yes, I tried.  No luck.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, Christian Kujau wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Paul Raines wrote:
[root shadowfax ~]# e2fsck -f -n /dev/loop7
e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
Group descriptors look bad... trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/loop7

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
   e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Did you try one the alternatae superblocks? (mkfs.ext3 -n might help)
Last time I myself had to use this it did not work. So I'm really curious
if e2fsck -b actually works when this message appears.

Christian.

Paul Raines                email: raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA